Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Avocado Grilled Cheese

I'm house and dog sitting for my grandma this week, and she left me money for food. I figured I should actually use the money for ingredients to create something rather than buying a frozen dinner. I scoured pinterest for simple recipes since I am working a lot as well. I came across this grilled cheese recipe but for some reason I thought it had avocado in it so I ended up buying avocado I didn't need. No fear though I put it to good use.

What you need:
  • Rye bread
  • Your favorite cooking oil
  • Basil pesto
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Avocado
  • Tomato
Directions:
  1. I started by pouring a little bit of oil in a skillet/you can also use a panini maker.
  2. I then spread a bit of pesto on one slice of bread and topped it with mozzarella cheese and let it warm up in the skillet.
  3. I then put a tomato (or two) in the skillet to warm it up. I flipped it once and then placed it on the pesto/mozzarella bread. Make sure it gets soft, but don't leave it on too long.
  4. I then put a little more mozzarella cheese on top of the tomato.
  5. I layered the avocado after the cheese started to melt. I would slice the avocado very thin or else it will slip out of the sandwich.
  6. Finally I added the other slice of bread.
  7. I flipped the sandwich once until the other side was toasted.
I finished off my cooking extravaganza with pumpkin scones that I got off Mackenzie's blog! I wish the scone itself was a little sweeter because I love sugar, but with glaze  it made up for it.
Both of these recipes were perfect for today. It was rainy and dreary. But also a perfect fall day!

Photobucket

1 comment

  1. oo seriously making grilled cheese for dinner now, looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

© Tiny Sputniks. Design by Fearne.