Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Avocado Pie

The simplest pie you will ever make! I found it first on Lauren's blog but you can find the real recipe on How About Orange. If you are a blog reader like I am you should definitely check out Lauren's blog. It is my new favorite! She has a lot of DIY and recipes!

Anyway, I figured I would try this out since I had 2 of the 4 ingredients. I was a little skeptical at first. I mean avocado as dessert? Plus, since I gave up desserts for Lent I figured it was a way around it. I'm eating a vegetable! ;)

What you need:
  • 2 peeled avocados
  • 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
  • graham cracker crust (I used reduced fat and it was still delicious!)
  • whipped cream (optional -- I didn't use it)
Directions:
  1. In a blender put the peeled avocado and lemon juice. Pulse a couple of times. I had to scrape the edges and mix the avocado a few times.
  2. Add condensed milk and blend until creamy.
  3. Pour into pie shell and refrigerate for 1 hour.
  4. Enjoy! It's super easy and delicious!

Post a Comment

© Tiny Sputniks. Design by Fearne.