Friday, November 25, 2011

Sending Love to Japan

In light of the season among the many things I am thankful for one is friends, and especially friends that enlighten me to a world outside of my own little American bubble. I started talking to my friend Haruna again today. We met my junior year of high school and have been friends ever since. We were very good friends then and have occasionally sent letters and packages to each other. She sends me the best packages from Japan. Or maybe I just think everything from Japan is cooler. Well, let's go back into the archive. Yes, you get to see me in all my high school glory...














One of the reasons I brought this up is because talking to her got me excited to get back into one of my passions which is sending letters and packages. I have a few people all over the country that I try to regularly keep in contact with through handwritten letters. I think that snail mail is much more personal (and fun) than keeping in contact through text or the internet. Maybe that's just me, but who doesn't love going to the mailbox and seeing something for them that's not junk mail! I also told her I would help her with her English because she needs help with it. I miss her so much and I still think about her whenever I make origami cranes. I'm awful at origami and the poor girl had to try to put up with me trying to do it. Despite it all my junior year of high school was one of my best years ever and she had a lot to do with it! :)

If you would like to be my pen pal please let me know! I love having new people to write to!

Post a Comment

© Tiny Sputniks. Design by Fearne.